Grilled Caribbean Chicken (Guy Fieri)
Orange juice,lime zest, jalapenos and ginger brings those chicken breasts to life. This meld of flavor comes from Guy Fieri at the food network and posted for ZWT5.
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 cup red onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons thyme (fresh)
- 2 tablespoons jalapenos (seeded and diced)
- 2 teaspoons ginger (minced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- salt and pepper
- 4 chicken breasts (bone in)
- 2 limes
- Puree all ingredients (except chicken) in food processor.
- Marinade chicken in processed mixture in a zip-lock bag, refrigerated 4-8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat grill to high, remove chicken from marinade, cook on grill 3-4 minutes each side.
- Return to heated 350 degree oven in an ovenproof dish, cook 15 minutes.
- To serve, squeeze a lime wedge over each piece, serve on a bed of rice or as desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Great recipe! It's simple yet full in flavor. I really loved the blend of allspice, fresh thyme, jalapenos, ginger, lime, orange juice and garlic, etc... Easy to throw together the marinade. I loved that for dinner, all I had to do was pull it out of the marinade and grill. We did finish it off in the oven, but I think it'd be just fine without that step. I used boneless/skinless chicken breasts but I would love to try it with bone in legs and thighs next time. Delish! ~Made for ZWT5 Family Picks for the Epicurean Queens~
Made for ZWT5... This was delicious. The combination of all of the big flavors was fabulous, and my kitchen smelled of this for hours after putting everything into the blender (except the chicken, of course!!!) Because there are so many bold flavors in this, there is no real standout, but the zingy spiciness of the allspice, red and green onions, orange juice, lime zest, soy sauce (and teriyaki in my case, as I ran out of soy...), thyme, ginger, and garlic made great big flavor!!! I think I'll be trying this again with a long soak on chicken tenderloins.
This is a super moist and yummy chicken recipe. I put the chicken in the marinade in the morning, and it was all ready to grill for dinner. We just put the chicken on the grill and cooked over a low flame and did not use the oven to finish the cooking, and the chicken came out super moist. The marinade really makes this chicken special. Next time I make this recipe, I will keep a little of the marinade on the side to use on the chicken when it is ready to serve. Thanks for positing this recipe. Made for ZWT5.