Hunter's Hero (Guy Fieri Recipe) Great Super Bowl Sandwich!
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 egg
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Heat 1 T olive oil over medium heat.
- Saute diced onion, bell pepper, and chopped garlic for about 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour milk over the bread crumbs and stir until absorbed.
- Add sauteed veggies, beef, sausage, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, black pepper, and beaten egg.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Form into 16 2" balls.
- Heat remaining olive oil in large pan over medium heat.
- Brown meatballs until internal temperature is 165°F.
- In each Hoagie roll, place 4 meatballs, 1/4 C marinara sauce, and 3 slices mozzarella.
- Place on baking sheet under broiler until cheese melts.
- Top with 1 T Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with cold beer and have men worship you all day!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation