Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
I made this recipe because I love the sauce so much! My DH said he would love that sauce on anything (thanks Miss Erin Clotfelter) and so I got creative. I cannot put into words how yummy it turned out, all I can say is that I could eat it everyday and be a very happy camper! I make it for lunch during the week but it would be great for a party platter, cut into small pieces. There are many ways to modify the recipe to make it all your own, but here is my favorite version.
- 2 large prepared pizza crust or 8 flat bread
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno, diced
- 4 chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon meat seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- canned corn, to taste
- green onion
- cheese, of choice
- In saucepan, add oil, butter, chicken breasts, onion and seasonings.
- Cook until chicken is done, turning once.
- NOTE- could use leftover chicken.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare sauce (you may want to heat it to dislove all the sugar) and spoon over pizza crust.
- Next put a thin layer of selected cheese.
- Slice chicken and distribute evenly over crust.
- Add onions, peppers, corn and a little more cheese.
- Bake on foil lined cookie sheet at 300 for 8 minutes.
- Top with green onion.
Loved it!! I was not convinced at first but then, wow.. it tasted great. My husband loved it too. It is easy to made and I will definitely make this often. thanks
Oh, wow... this was so good! A nice change from the traditional pizza. I just love the sauce. I used leftover chicken and if it hadn't been for me having to fight with the pizza dough, I probably would have been done with the prep in just 5 minutes. Fantastic recipe.