Recipe by BakinBaby
This classic Cod recipe will delight your taste buds. So much flavor in the blackening powder and it is quick and easy to prepare. I found this at codrecipes.com
- 2 lbs cod fish fillets
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients together in a small bowl to create blackening powder. Then moisten the sides of each cod filet (either with water or cooking spray), and coat with blackening powder.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. of oil per filet in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil starts to smoke, add the cod fillets and cook them for about 3 minutes on each side, or until fish is opaque and can be flaked with a fork. -.
- Remove from pan and serve hot.