1 hr 15 mins
I think the addition of the honey in the cobbler makes this recipe just a little bit special. I found this recipe several years ago in a regional magazine. It was submitted by an elderly gentleman who said he knew it dated at least back to the late 1800's. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 quart fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup medium grind white cornmeal
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1Wash the berries and let them dry on paper towels.
- 2Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 3Place the berries in a shallow 12x12" dish.
- 4Sprinkle with 1/4 c sugar.
- 5In a bowl, mix the cornmeal, 1/2 c sugar, baking powder and salt.
- 6Add in the milk and melted butter.
- 7Use a large spoon to drop spoonfuls of this mixture on the berries.
- 8Spread the mixture, but do not cover the berries completely.
- 9Leave some berries showing.
- 10Make the sauce by mixing the honey, butter and lemon juice in a bowl.
- 11Drizzle the sauce over the cobbler.
- 12Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 1 hour.
- 13Let the cobbler cool to room temperature before serving.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackberry Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.3
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 16.0 mg
- Sodium 519.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 42.5 g
- Protein 3.7 g