Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe makes a lot, I mean a whole LOT. It looks like it would be really great for a side barbecue sauce.
- 3 pints blackberries, Pureed
- 1⁄4 cup Chambord raspberry liquor
- 1 quart beef broth
- 1 quart tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue seasoning
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cayenne
- 1⁄2 tablespoon star anise
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- In a large saucepan, combine all the above ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer.
- Cook uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Strain the barbecue sauce and use for your desired barbecue.