1 hr 30 mins
Luby Luby Luby's Note:
It was so hard for me to decide if I preferred blackberry or cherry preserves so I combined the two and came up with an absolutely delicious combination. This is scrumptious served over vanilla ice cream and topped with crumbled baked pie crust.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse blackberries and cherries.
- 2Press blackberries through a sieve or a food mill to remove the seeds.
- 3Stem cherries and remove pits.
- 4Coarsely chop cherries in a food processor.
- 5Combine blackberries, chopped cherries, pectin, lemon juice and butter in large stockpot.
- 6Bring to a boil and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 7Add sugar all at once and return to a boil.
- 8Bring to a boil that cannot be stirred down and boil 1 minute.
- 9Remove from heat and add almond extract.
- 10Let sit for 5 minutes stirring every 30 seconds.
- 11Ladle into sterilized jars using the USDA guidelines for water bath canning leaving a 1/4" headspace.
- 12Wipe rims and place lids and screw rings on jars.
- 13Place jars in water bath canner and make sure you have at least 1-2 inches of water covering the jars.
- 14Place lid on pot and bring to a hard rolling boil (do not remove lid).
- 15Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- 16Turn off heat, remove lid from pot and let sit for 5 minutes.
- 17Remove jars from pot and set aside to seal and cool.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackberry and Bing Cherry Preserves
Serving Size: 1 (4574 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 603.9
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.8 mg
- Sodium 20.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 153.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 136.8 g
- Protein 2.8 g