Recipe by chia
i got this in my email, and loving the drink i've got to try this dessert!
Top Review by EmilieLearnstoCook
The brownies tasted wonderful. But I am more into fudge-like brownies rather than cake-like. And these are very cake-like. They are good brownies to have with ice cream and the flavor is wonderful. I will make these again but use less nuts. Very good.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares (4, 1 ounce each)
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup Kahlua
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup toasted sliced almonds
- powdered sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line bottom of 13x9 inch baking pan with waxed paper.
- Melt chocolate and butter with pepper in small saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat and cool.
- Combine eggs, sugar and vanilla in large bowl, beat well. Stir in cooled chocolate mixture, Kaluha and vodka.
- Combine flour, salt and baking powder and add to chocolate mixture. Stir until blended. Add walnuts. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven just until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.