Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 16 mins
A nice rice salad ;0)
Make and share this Black Rice Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup uncooked black rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (dry roasted and coarsly chopped)
- 100 g dried sweetend cranberries (coarsely chopped)
- 1⁄2 small red onion (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger (grated)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- Rinse the black rice with cold water in a sieve.
- Put the drained black rice in a saucepan, poor plenty of boiling water over the rice, add the salt and cook the rice according to the package directions so they still have "a bit of a bite". The Italian black rice that I use doesn't need soaking and is perfect after cooking for 16 - 17 minuttes.
- Rinse the cooked rice with cold water in a sieve, drain it thoroughly then pour into a bowl.
- Add the chopped walnuts, cranberries and red onion.
- Mix the ingredients for the vinaigrette and poor over the rice salad.
- Season the salad to taste with salt and pepper.