Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
No "knead" to call for pizza delivery. This is a great pizza to make when you want something simple. It uses frozen bread dough for the crust and a store bought rotisserie chicken as part of the toppings. Best of all, this recipe will get you out of the pepperoni or cheese pizza rut.
- 2 loaves frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed from bones and cut up
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons blackening seasoning
- 1⁄2 small red onion, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 2 cups sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms or 2 cups baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 (3 7/8 ounce) cansliced olives, drained
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, finely chopped (not oil packed)
- 1 1⁄4 cups crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 12 slices provolone cheese (I use unsmoked)
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shaved parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place dough on two baking sheets and roll into rectangles that are approximately 16"x10" in size.
- Fold edges over to build up the sides slightly.
- In a bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, blackened seasoning, garlic, basil, thyme and oregano.
- Spread the sauce over the crusts and top with the chicken, mushrooms, olives, onion and sun-dried tomato.
- Sprinkle blue cheese evenly over pizzas.
- Top pizzas with the provolone, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until bubbly and the cheese is melted.