Chef Buggsy Mate's Note:
No "knead" to call for pizza delivery. This is a great pizza to make when you want something simple. It uses frozen bread dough for the crust and a store bought rotisserie chicken as part of the toppings. Best of all, this recipe will get you out of the pepperoni or cheese pizza rut.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 loaves frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed from bones and cut up
- 1 1/2 tablespoons blackening seasoning
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 2 cups sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms or 2 cups baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 (3 7/8 ounce) can sliced olives, drained
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato, finely chopped (not oil packed)
- 1 1/4 cups crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 12 slices provolone cheese (I use unsmoked)
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 1Place dough on two baking sheets and roll into rectangles that are approximately 16"x10" in size.
- 2Fold edges over to build up the sides slightly.
- 3In a bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, blackened seasoning, garlic, basil, thyme and oregano.
- 4Spread the sauce over the crusts and top with the chicken, mushrooms, olives, onion and sun-dried tomato.
- 5Sprinkle blue cheese evenly over pizzas.
- 6Top pizzas with the provolone, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheeses.
- 7Bake at 450 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until bubbly and the cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black N' Blue Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 645.5
- Calories from Fat 425
- Total Fat 47.3 g
- Saturated Fat 24.7 g
- Cholesterol 153.2 mg
- Sodium 1531.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 46.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen bread dough