Maggie and Peter's Blue Cheese and Fig Pizza
photo by Probably This
- Ready In:
- 1 pizza dough (like the Trader Joe's one)
- 1⁄2 cup radicchio or 1/2 cup arugula, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 - 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 Italian sausage (optional)
- 10 -12 dried mission figs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place a frying pan on medium heat and add a dash of olive oil. Uncase the sausage and fork it in small pieces into the frying pan. Cook the sausage for about 7 minutes until done.
- Roll out the pizza dough to the desired shape and thickness. Brush a thin layer of olive oil onto the pizza and then sprinkle on the garlic. Add the mozzarella and blue cheeses to the top of the pizza dough. Then add the sausage and figs. Finally sprinkle on the rosemary and radicchio.
- Cook the pizza for 8-10 until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is beginning to brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I am in heaven!!! I did not do this vegetarian.....I used the hot italian sausage. I agree with FLKeysJen.....the arugula tended to burn during baking.....think I'd add it midway through baking. Love the bite from the arugula and blue cheese, the heat from the hot italian sausage and the sweet from the figs. This was amazing, and I highly recommend it. Thanks for sharing! Made for Best of 2013 Tag game. Fabulous!!
DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!! The flavors are very strong and they compete with each other to the point that I couldn't really taste the figs, but we used fresh figs, so that may have made a difference. Either way, it didn't really matter because this was so tasty. We also used 2 links of Italian sausage and fresh radicchio from the garden. Thanks so much for posting it!
This was wonderful pizza full of interesting flavors! I prepared my pizza dough using this recipe: #330617. I bought fresh mozzarella balls and used 1/2 cup of Rogue Creamery's 'Smoky Bleu' cheese made here in Oregon. We opted for arugula-also fresh and local. Used only six figs (unsulphered ones, too.) Fresh rosemary from the garden, fresh garlic from our CSA box and the sausage was omitted although we're thinking next time of adding a little bit of pancetta. Reveiwed for Veg Tag/July. Thank you!
see 2 more reviews