Italian Cold Cut Stromboli
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This stromboli uses frozen bread dough making it a quick dish to throw together on a busy night or weekend.
- Ready In:
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic-infused olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 loaves frozen bread dough, thawed (1 lb. each)
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce, divided
- 8 -12 fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄2 lb hard salami
- 1⁄2 lb prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb capicola ham
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook one minute more, stirring constantly to prevent the garlic from burning. Cool completely.
- On two greased baking sheets, roll each loaf of dough into 16"x10" rectangles.
- Spread each with 2 Tbs. of pesto and sprinkle with the onion mixture.
- Lay basil leaves down the center of each loaf.
- Arrange the salami, prosciutto, capicola ham and mozarella cheese over each rectangle to within 1/2" of edges.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long edge.
- Pinch seams to seal, and tuck ends under.
- Brush with remaining pesto and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes before slicing.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION