1/1 Photo of Black Forest Ham Sandwich
I was looking through my fridge and realized that I had some fresh cherries that I needed to use up. What to do, what to do? I decided to pair it with ham that I also needed to use up. I had ham steaks, you can use sliced deli ham as well. Just don't cut it up, layer it on. You could also use dried cherries or frozen for this sandwich. I like the peppery arugula against the sweet cherries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup fresh cherries, stemmed pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard or 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 ounces ham (I used diced ham steak, but thinly sliced deli ham is fine too)
- 2 slices bread
- 1/4 cup baby arugula
- 1In a bowl, combine cherries, mustard, green onion, and mayonnaise; season with a pinch of salt and a grind or two of pepper.
- 2If using diced ham steak, stir it into the sandwich spread to coat.
- 3If using sliced deli ham, do nothing.
- 4To assemble: Place mixture on a slice of bread, top with arugula and close bread (ham steak).
- 5For sliced deli ham: Spread mixture on two slices of bread, layer in ham, and a handful of arugula; close sandwich.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Forest Ham Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.3
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 1393.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 17.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: