Recipe by FloridaGrl
This a very rich dessert, really works well on hot summer days. It makes a large amount, but leftovers never seem to be a problem! LOL Time does not include chilling.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip, thawed and divided
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1⁄2 cups cold milk
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- chocolate curls (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in coconut and walnuts. Press into an ungreased 9x13 baking dish. Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add confectioner's sugar; beat until smooth. Fold in 1 cup of the cool whip. Spread over crust. Top with pie filling; cover and chill.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes or until soft set. Whisk a small amount of pudding into melted chocolate. Return all to the pudding, whisking constantly. Pour over cherry filling. Chill for 2 hours or until set.
- Just before serving, spread remaining cool whip over dessert. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired.