Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Wonderful, cherry time dessert with whipped cream!!
Make and share this Black Cherry Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Beat eggs until light; gradually add sugar; beat until lemon coloured.
- Add sifted dry ingredients.
- Add water, vanilla and almond extract; mix well.
- Pour into 2 prepared round layer pans.
- Drop cherries over batter (save some for garnish).
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake in moderate oven, 350°F degrees for about 30 minutes.
- Serve slightly warm with sweetened whipped cream between layers and over top.
- Garnish with whole cherries.
this was absolutely delicious and a big hit at a dessert party last night. i didn't have almond extract so i used extra vanilla. i put whipped cream in the center, atop, and sprinkled the top with extra crushed walnuts.thanks for this easy recipe