Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious, light salad that's BIG in flavor, and figure-friendly! Can be eaten as a side salad, or main course. It also makes a great salsa, served with tortilla chips!
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon lime pepper (or lemon pepper)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet corn, drained (or 1 c frozen corn, thawed)
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients (vinegar thru coriander). Whisk until well blended.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients (beans thru cilantro).
- Pour dressing over bean mixture. Stir to coat evenly.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate several hours, and serve cold. Delicious either way!
Made this as a salsa/dip for a group I host & laid it out with some large corn scoops! Other than using just 2 teaspoons of hot sauce, I pretty much stuck to the recipe, & it was a big hit all the way around! Great recipe! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]