I love black beans and sweet potatoes... this is a wonderful blend of flavors. I like to cook this in the crockpot but it can also easily be done on the stovetop.
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 (14 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup corn kernel
- sour cream (optional)
- lime wedge (optional)
- Heat oil in a skillet and saute onion and garlic in oil until soft.
- Add all ingredients to crockpot and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Serve hot with sour cream and lime if desired.