Recipe by Xexe
In my crusade to get more chorizo recipes on this site i add this one. it's by sara moulton of the food network and it's fast and easy
Top Review by Karabea
Yummy! This was good and spicy! I used 2 ribs of celery instead of the green pepper, and also increased the garlic and chorizo. This was very tasty and spicy! I garnished mine with shredded pepper jack cheese. I also found that I needed to add more salt than was called for.
- 1 (3 ounce) spanish chorizo sausage, coarsely chopped (spicy cured pork sausage)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chorizo, onion, garlic, bell pepper, pepper flakes, cumin and salt in oil in a 3-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat, stirring, until vegetables are softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add broth (2 1/2 cups for smaller cans of beans or 3 cups for larger) and beans and simmer, partially covered, 15 minutes.
- Lightly mash beans with potato masher to slightly thicken.