Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
perfect for fall!!
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups Bisquick
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously grease bottom of 9x5 loaf pan.
- Stir all ingredients except raisins in pan with fork until moistened; beat vigorously 1 minute.
- Stir in raisins.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 45 to 55 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Run knife or metal spatula around sides of loaf to loosen; remove from pan.
- (If loaf sticks to pan, press gently on sides of loaf with knife or metal spatula.).
This was a hit with the whole family (including my 16 month old). I made 8 mini-loaves that baked for about 30 minutes. The only changes I made were to use 1 egg and 2 egg replacements (flax & water). I also added extra cinnamon and some nutmeg. I cut the sugar back to 1 cup, but next time will cut back further to about 3/4 cup. I will make this again and again!
So, as always, I altered the recipe. I used Splenda for baking, 2 tsp pumpkin spice, couple dashes of cinnamon (even though it is in Pumpkin Spice), 1 tsp vanilla, no raisins and added some dark chocolate chips (no specific measurement). What can I say but YUM!
I was looking for an easy zucchini bread recipe. I used this and recipe and changed the pumpkin to one cup of scherred zucchini it was great everyone at work wants the recipe. I did leave out the raisins and used walnuts.