Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
From my celebrity recipe collection. I can't imagine Bill Blass kicking back with meatloaf at a dinner party, but I guess he does! He recommends this be served with baked potatoes, red pepper jelly and corn pudding.
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs ground sirloin
- 1⁄2 lb ground veal
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1 pinch dried marjoram
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups Heinz Chili Sauce
- 3 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees; oil a 8x4 loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large, heavy skillet over medium heat, saute the celery and onion in the butter until soft; remove from heat and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the meats, parsley, sour cream, bread crumbs and spices to the skillet.
- Whisk the egg with the worcestershire sauce and add to mixture.
- Using a wooden spoon or your hands, combine the mixture and mold into a loaf shape.
- Place the meat loaf in the prepared pan; top with the chili sauce, then the bacon slices.
- Place on a cookie sheet-- to catch any drips-- and bake until cooked through and browned, at least 1 hour.
This is excellent. Easy to prepare and the smell of it cooking was terrific. Very, very good. Thanks for sharing.
I had originally cut out of the Sunday newspaper years ago. Remembering how good it was, I googled Bill Blass's meatloaf. Found it here. My husband loves this combination. I told him we were having meatloaf and his response, "Was it like the last one?"I said yes. If you haven't tried it yet, your in for a treat.
I made this wonderful meatloaf in 2001 and it was succulent. just joined food.com.
told friend about recipe, put in search engine and woolah!
however, I rewrote the directions to better comprehend. Sorry!
I'm a retired management consultant used to writing procedures!!!!
what do you think?
Prep Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 1 1/2 hrs
1. Preheat oven to 350° F degrees
2. Oil an 8 x 4 loaf pan and set aside [Kate suggests Crisco]
3. Put butter into large heavy skillet.
4. Add celery and onion and sauté over medium heat until soft.
5. Remove from heat and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
6. Add following to skillet and lightly stir together:
3. sour cream
4. bread crumbs
7. Whisk the egg with the worcestershire sauce in separate large bowl.
8. Add skillet mixture to the large bowl.
9. Using a wooden spoon or your hands, combine the mixture and mold into a loaf shape.
10. Place the meat loaf in the prepared pan
11. Top with the chili sauce, then the bacon slices.
12. Place on a cookie sheet in order to catch any drips
13. Bake until cooked through and browned, at least 1 hour. [Kate suggests to check 50 min]