Recipe by Lennie
From my celebrity recipe collection. I can't imagine Bill Blass kicking back with meatloaf at a dinner party, but I guess he does! He recommends this be served with baked potatoes, red pepper jelly and corn pudding.
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs ground sirloin
- 1⁄2 lb ground veal
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1 pinch dried marjoram
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups Heinz Chili Sauce
- 3 slices bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees; oil a 8x4 loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large, heavy skillet over medium heat, saute the celery and onion in the butter until soft; remove from heat and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the meats, parsley, sour cream, bread crumbs and spices to the skillet.
- Whisk the egg with the worcestershire sauce and add to mixture.
- Using a wooden spoon or your hands, combine the mixture and mold into a loaf shape.
- Place the meat loaf in the prepared pan; top with the chili sauce, then the bacon slices.
- Place on a cookie sheet-- to catch any drips-- and bake until cooked through and browned, at least 1 hour.