1/2 Photos of Big Ol' Mess (Smoked Sausage in Spicy Sweet Sauce)
Bone Man's Note:
This is a grilling recipe, and one that easily transfers to the campfire when camping. You can make it up ahead of time, put it into a cooler of ice and skip the mess at the campsite. A great dish from Marlboro.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make an aluminum foil bag. Use 2 12" x 18" sheets of heavy-duty foil (or double regular foil) and, (after the ingredients are in the bottom half), crimp the top half on.
- 2Put the sausage, green pepper and onions in the bottom half of the foil bag.
- 3Mix the Tabasco up with the sweet and sour sauce and pour it over the sausage mix. Seal the foil bag with the top half. Make sure it is "leak-proof".
- 4Place on the grill (gas or charcoal) and cook for a total of 45 minutes, turning after each 15 minutes.
- 5You can slit the bag open when done and serve from it at the campsite.
- 6If you are cooking this in the hot coals of a campfire, reduce the total cooking time by about 15 minutes and turn every 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Big Ol' Mess (Smoked Sausage in Spicy Sweet Sauce)
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.9
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 70.1 mg
- Sodium 1278.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 15.7 g