Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I adapted this recipe from another one I had. Our family loves them. The Basil sauce makes all the difference.
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- fresh spinach leaves
- sliced tomatoes
- sliced onion
- sliced avocado
- 1 cup best food mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- chopped fresh basil
- 6 large wheat hamburger buns
- Mix together ground turkey, chopped onion, garlic, soy sauce and egg. Mixture will be very wet. Plug in griddle and heat to 350, or you can fry them in a pan with a little cooking spray to keep from sticking.
- divide meat mixture into 6 portions and pat out to about 1/2 thickness. They will be about 4 to 6 inches round. They shrink up a lot so I pat them a little larger than the buns diameter. fry about 5 min and flip and fry on the other side about 5 minutes or until done.
- For sauce: mix together mayo, mustard, tabasco and about 1/2 to 1 cup chopped fresh basil. Place Burger on bun top with sauce, and add desired veggies. MMMM.
awesome recipe!!! very different take on the traditional burger! made the burgers up ahead of time and kept in the fridge til ready to cook. let them come up to room temp and just fried these up in a skillet since it's been snowing! nice, easy, and very flavorful!! thanks for the killer keeper, LizAnn!! :D
This is delicious. I normally dont like soy in things like burgers but the hint of it just set it off perfectly. The basil sauce is yum, i used low fat sour cream for it rather than mayo. Loved it.
Yum Yum! So glad to see you are still cooking up a storm!! I wrapped these in lettice leaves and they were fantastic!! Shirley