Recipe by Lisa Stimac'
I like the recipe because of it's savory taste, a change from my traditional Italian sauce, guests go crazy.
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup butter
- 4 ounces vodka
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 5 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet saute butter and finely chopped garlic and scallions (use the whole scallion) until tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Ignite and let vodka cook down, (flame will go out).
- In a sauce pot add tomato sauce, half and half, pecarino romano, basil, and garlic powder.
- Then add vodka and chopped scallion and garlic butter mixture into the sauce.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring.
- Pour over cooked rigatoni.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- I recommend pouring the sauce over each individual dish it goes further.