Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Simple but sexy. This was in my local newspaper's FOOD section. Cook time reflects refrigeration time. I've been asked several times if this should be baked. Just to clarify, no, it is not, it is a refrigerator dessert. I'm not sure why it contains raw egg, but most Tiramisu recipes do too.
- 1 (12 ounce) box vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 box (16 oz.) powdered sugar (or less)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1 quart strawberry
- chopped walnuts
- Crush vanilla wafers into fine crumbs and line a square 8" x8" pan.
- Mix butter or margarine and sugar; add beaten eggs.
- Spread the mixture over the wafer crumbs.
- Crush strawberries and spread over sugar, egg, and butter mixture.
- Cover strawberries with whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Chill 24 hours.
Delicious! The only change I made was that I used egg substitute in place of the eggs, it worked fine. Thank you for sharing this refreshing dessert.
You shouldn't be recommending eating raw eggs without a serious warning. The volumn of the "BOX" of sugar wuld be helpfull too.
I have looked for years for this recipe. My aunt made it when I was a child and I loved it. I thought it was called French Strawberry Pudding. I tried to make it from the memory of watching her. It was the eggs I left out. Thanks so much.