Recipe by papergoddess
Simple but sexy. This was in my local newspaper's FOOD section. Cook time reflects refrigeration time. I've been asked several times if this should be baked. Just to clarify, no, it is not, it is a refrigerator dessert. I'm not sure why it contains raw egg, but most Tiramisu recipes do too.
- 1 (12 ounce) box vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 box (16 oz.) powdered sugar (or less)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1 quart strawberry
- chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush vanilla wafers into fine crumbs and line a square 8" x8" pan.
- Mix butter or margarine and sugar; add beaten eggs.
- Spread the mixture over the wafer crumbs.
- Crush strawberries and spread over sugar, egg, and butter mixture.
- Cover strawberries with whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Chill 24 hours.