Recipe by noway
The richest version of this cake I've had, probably due to the addition of sour cream, chocolate chips and German chocolate to the cake :) Note: The coconut and nuts are supposed to be listed for both the cake and icing ingredients. For the icing, use whatever amount you prefer.
Top Review by KellBellS
This cake turned out okay, but not sure all the ingredients listed FOR CAKE were supposed to be in the cake batter. It lists the nuts and coconut in the icing area, but I had already added them to the cake. Would like to see this updated so I know how it's supposed to go together.
- 18 ounces yellow cake mix
- 3 1⁄2 ounces French vanilla pudding mix (can be instant)
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 bar German chocolate, grated
- 1 cup coconut, toasted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- confectioners' sugar (the recipe calls for 1 package, I've added a cup and then added more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- nuts and coconut (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add each cake ingredient in the order above, blend thoroughly between each.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350F for 50-55 minutes or until done.
- While cake is baking, prepare icing. Cream cheese and sugar until smooth, add vanilla, nuts, and coconut.
- Spread icing over cake once it's cooled.