Is It Really Better Than Sex? Cake
photo by SharleneW
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box French vanilla instant pudding
- 2 cups cold whole milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup flaked sweetened toasted coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare yellow cake mix as directed using a greased 13x9x2-inch pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- While cake is baking, combine the pineapple and 1 cup of sugar in a saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Remove cake from oven and using a fork, pierce holes into cake.
- Pour pineapple mixture over hot cake and set aside.
- Prepare pudding according to package directions.
- Spread pudding over cake and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Whip heavy cream and remaining 1/3 cup sugar until stiff.
- Cover top of cake with whipped cream and sprinkle toasted coconut on top.