Better Than Sex Cake
Need I say more?
- Ready In:
- 10 1⁄4 ounces German chocolate cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (16 ounce) jar caramel topping (OR butterscotch topping)
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 (8 ounce) bag toffee pieces (or bits)
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Make and bake cake as directed on package in a 9 x 13 pan.
- Poke top of warm cake every 1/2" with handle of wooden spoon.
- Drizzle sweetened condensed milk evenly over cake and let stand until milk has absorbed into cake.
- Drizzle with caramel or butterscotch topping.
- Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake.
- Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until cake has chilled.
- Spread cool whip over top of cake.
- Sprinkle with toffee chips.
- Store cake covered, in the refrigerator.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I like to make my own whip cream and add a lil soften cream cheese. I use moist devils food cake I also whip up my own caramel sauce using brown sugar butter just a pinch of salt a lil tsp water vanilla extract and some evaporated milk its really much more tasty this way and the caramel doesn't turn hard after being in the fridgeReply
This is a great cake. I only used half of the caramel and condensed milk and that was just right. It would have otherwise been a soggy mess. I also followed the suggestion of another reviewer, making my own whipped topping with a pint of whipping cream, 2 tbsp of cream cheese and 4 tbsp (or more, to taste) of powdered sugar. Just perfect IMHO.Reply
see 27 more