Better Than Sex Cake IIi
photo by Ashley Cuoco
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as directed in cake directions)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (or as directed in cake directions)
- 3 eggs (or as directed in cake directions)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 -12 ounce) jar Mrs Richardson's caramel topping or (8 -12 ounce) jar butterscotch topping
- 8 ounces whipped topping (Extra Creamy Dream Whip is good)
- 2 Heath candy bars, crushed (Skor bars or Nestle's Heath bits will also work, if you can find them)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and lightly flour 13" x 9" cake pan.
- Mix cake as directed on package.
- Bake the cake about 35 minutes or until it tests done.
- As soon as it comes out of the oven, poke holes all over it with a fork (I actually use a small diameter chop stick) and pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over the cake, followed by caramel sauce (microwaved about one minute until warm and easily pourable - I use only about 10 oz of the jar).
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Shortly before serving, spread whipped topping over cake and sprinkle with crushed Heath bars (or bits).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yummo! I used a box of yellow cake instead of chocolate and it was to die for. I tried making them into cupcakes but the SCM and caramel sauce made the outside of the cupcake super sticky%u2026so from now on I%u2019ll probably stick to making it as a cake instead. Overall, it was super easy recipe with delicious results.
I gave this 5 stars. My family loves this cake. It is so yummy! My great aunt made this for our family reunion. She used Butterfinger candy bars in place of the Heath candy bars and that is how I make it now. The copy of this recipe I got from Gourmetgal at Top Secret Recipes before the boards were closed. Her recipe is slightly different it calls for the chocolate cake to be baked as directed, To use 1 16oz jar Mrs. richardson's caramel topping, to use 12oz Cool Whip and to use 2-3 Health candy bars. The rest is the same. Thanks for posting such a great recipe! Christine (internetnut)