Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A delicious, sinful cake with all the yummies. My cousin's husband remarked, "You know, it's a toss up".
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1 (3 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip
- pecans, chopped
- German chocolate bar, grated (optional)
- Bake cake mix as directed in 9x13 pan.
- Heat pineapple for 5 minutes with sugar.
- When cake is removed from oven, pour pineapple mixture over it and cool.
- Slice bananas over cake.
- Mix vanilla pudding as directed and spread over cake.
- Spread cool whip over pudding.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans and coconut on top.
- Grate german chocolate bar over cake if desired.
- Keep cold.
I made this cake for my family and it was a hit. The only problem was when my 5yr. old grand son while helping me make it asked what kind of cake is this? I was stuck until he asked is this banana split cake? So that's what we call it now.
Nothing will ever live up to the name!