Recipe by YummySmellsca
Makes 60 2" x 3/4" sized rectangles. These are totally corn free, refined-sugar free, whole grain and high protein dog biscuits with the winning combination of peanut butter and bacon! Wheat free except for the high-fatty-acid wheat germ, which helps keep the skin and coat healthy and eyes bright. If your dog's allergic to wheat, use rice or spelt bran, or more ground flaxseed. Inspired by flickr.com/photos/taraanderson/450027610/
- 236.59 ml rolled oats
- 236.59 ml boiling water
- 236.59 ml chicken stock
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml honey
- 118.29 ml peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml rye flour
- 236.59 ml barley flour
- 118.29 ml quinoa flour
- 59.14 ml sunflower seed flour
- 177.44 ml soy flour
- 44.37 ml teff flour
- 2.46 ml guar gum
- 1.23 ml corn-free baking powder
- 29.58 ml ground flax seeds
- 78.07 ml wheat germ
- 118.29 ml dry quick tapioca (Minute tapioca)
- 59.14 ml whole flax seed
- 118.29 ml bacon bits
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oats and boiling water, let stand 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together stock, oil, honey, peanut butter and egg until well combined.
- Beat in the oats.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flours, guar gum, baking powder, ground flaxseed, wheat germ, tapioca, whole flaxseed and bacon bits.
- Slowly beat the dry mixture into the peanut butter mixture.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead until no longer sticky. Wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325°F Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment.
- Roll out the 1/2"-thickness and cut into desired shapes.
- Place 1" apart on the sheets.
- Bake 45 minutes, until golden brown.