Recipe by lazyme
I found this recipe on epicurious.com about 3 years ago and have made it many times for get togethers. It's always the first thing to go, and I'm asked for the recipe almost every single time. It's yet another layered taco dip, but for some reason, everyone loves this one more than most. I cheat and use a purchased guacamole dip and it's a great make ahead for a crowd.
- 16 ounces refried beans
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 3 medium avocados
- 16 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10 ounces mild taco sauce
- 0.25 (5 5/8 ounce) bottle jalapeno sauce
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread beans evenly on the bottom of a baking dish or casserole. (I use a quiche dish).
- Mash avocados with chili powder, onion, pepper and garlic. Spread avocado mixture over the beans. Next, layer the sour cream over the first two layers.
- Mix together the taco sauce, cheese, jalapeño sauce, olives, scallions, and tomatoes. Spread over the sour cream layer.
- Serve with tortilla chips.