- 12 ounces rosina homestyle meatballs
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 6 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 large potatoes, cut up
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 24 ounces v 8 vegetable juice
- 3 tablespoons tapioca
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw meatballs in microwave 2 minutes and cut in half.
- Put all ingredients in casserole or dutch oven and mix. If desired, other spices such as rosemary, thyme and black pepper, can be added to this dish. Cover and bake at 350 for 2 hours.
- Other Cooking Methods: Crockpot-Add 2 hours to baking time if cooking in crockpot on medium-high setting. Stove Top-Use a heavy gauge covered stock pot and adjust cook time to 1 1/2 hours. Stir on stove top to avoid scorching.