Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat margarine, room temp
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, Ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, Ground
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats, uncooked
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl, beat margarine and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg whites.
- In a medium size bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg; add to sugar mixture.
- Stir in oats, raisins and vanilla. Chill 1 hour.
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Roll a teaspoon of dough into a ball and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Grease the bottom of a glass with margarine, dip glass in sugar and use to flatten ball of dough. continue, leaving adequate space between cookies.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Cool on racks.
These are absolutely wonderful! Chewy and delicious. They don't taste low-fat at all.
Soooo good with a tall glass of milk, I am on my fourth cookie right now. These are so easy to make and are really the perfect oatmeal cookie, a tad bit crispy on the outside and very moist and delicious in the inside!! They stayed together very nicely too. Thanks for the delicious cookie recipe Dancer.
These cookies are the absolute best! All my friends who are total low-fat fanatics couldn't believe how good they tasted even though they're low fat! I ended up making 150 of these and passing them out.