- 3⁄4 cup low-fat margarine, room temp
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, Ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, Ground
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats, uncooked
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, beat margarine and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg whites.
- In a medium size bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg; add to sugar mixture.
- Stir in oats, raisins and vanilla. Chill 1 hour.
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Roll a teaspoon of dough into a ball and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Grease the bottom of a glass with margarine, dip glass in sugar and use to flatten ball of dough. continue, leaving adequate space between cookies.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Cool on racks.