Tricia Foley's Note:
This is my favorite sugar cookie recipe. It is from BH&G cookbook. An excellent addition to your holiday tray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixing bowl beat butter and shortening with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- 2Add sugar, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- 3Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- 4Beat in egg yolks and vanilla until combined.
- 5Beat in as much flour as you can.
- 6Stir in remaining flour.
- 7Shape dough into 1" balls.
- 8Place 2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 9Bake in a 300 degree oven about 15 minutes or until sides are set (do not let edges brown).
- 10Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute.
- 11Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Loved (Melt in Your Mouth) Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.8
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 27.0 mg
- Sodium 74.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 1.0 g