Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I made this recipe based off of another one I found and took it to a potluck. Everyone loved it. It was even better two days later!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons cumin
- 5 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (32 ounce) box low sodium chicken broth
- 3 (11 ounce) cans white shoepeg corn
- 3 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 (14 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno
- 4 lbs ground beef, browned and drained
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) cancannellinni kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed
- shredded cheddar cheese, to taste
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until softened.
- Add cumin and chili powder to pan to toast.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
- Simmer on low for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve in bowls and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
This is a great chili recipe! I made two minor changes. I had a red bell pepper sitting on the counter so I added that along with the onions at the saute step, and I doubled the amount of black beans. Overall this had a great flavor.