Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very, very good tartar sauce. I'll bet you didnt know it would taste this good!
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated horseradish or 2 tablespoons bottled horseradish, not creamed
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced sweet bell peppers or 2 tablespoons jalapenos, if you like kick
- 1⁄4 cup minced dill pickle
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, mashed to bits
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- Mix all ingredients together well and chill for 3 hours.
YOWZAA! This was fabulous (and I left out the ketchup, just a personal thing I have with that condiment!) I love to make Tarter Sauce and have a few recipes of my own, but this is the best! Thank you bunches!!
great sauce i did 1 cup mayo and 1 cup sour cream and did not use the peppers but it turned out great thanks ron