Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are made from a couple of different recipes and they are popular whenever I make them. Prep time does not take into account time in the refrigerator.
- 350 g roasted red peppers (approx)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 kg minced beef
- 200 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced thickly
- 8 bread rolls
- 100 g mesclun, approx
- 1 medium avocado
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Blend capsicum, garlic, white onion, sundried tomato and pesto until smooth.
- Combine vegetable mixture in a large bowl with beef; shape mixture into 8 patties.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cook patties on heated oiled bbq until browned one side, turn and sprinkle with cheese, cook until browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile cook the red onion and tomato on oiled BBQ until onion is browned lightly and tomato browned both sides.
- Split the rolls and toast.
- Spread bases with some of the Avocado Dressing, add some mesclun, patty, onion and tomato.
- Drizzle burgers with remaining dressing.
- Dressing- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
Very good! A wonderful combination of flavors, textures and color.I made 1/2 the recipe as directed except for cooking the tomatoes. We ommited the rolls and used a mixture of leafy green lettuce and arugula instead. I thought the Avacado Dressing was bland until I tasted it layered with the burgers and toppings. The flavor accented the taste of the burgers and tomatoes while taming the onion and Feta cheese. I would make this again with no changes. Thanks Latchy for another very enjoyable recipe.