Abby Girl's Note:
I have a friend who smacks his lips when I serve this and my daughter is notorious for eating this for breakfast!!! I have to hide it if I want any leftovers for supper the next day!!! My crisps are chock full of fruit...I never measure the fruit. I "eye ball" the blueberries...then add enough apple to give colour. I have used this topping for peach/blueberry, raspberry/rhubarb/apple, rhubarb/blueberry or basically use up all the frozen fruit I have in my freezer. I serve this with frozen vanilla ice cream or yogurt. This recipe could be cut in half quite successfully
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 apples, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 -6 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar (depending on tartness of fruit) (optional)
- 1Choose baking dish. Add enough blueberries to come 1/3 to 1/2 up the dish, keep in mind that the blueberries will "shrink" when cooked.
- 2If frozen, thaw them slightly. Flour could be added to thicken the frozen blueberries if desired. Add sugar if the fruit is tart, but the topping is sweet enough that it is not needed. Cut enough apples (depending on size) into the blueberries to give colour -- making sure that you have enough room for the topping
- 3Topping: Combine flour, brown sugar, rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix well. Cut butter into flour/oat mixture until coarse crumbs.
- 4Spread over apple/blueberry mixture and bake in 350 oven for 30 minutes or until the fruit is cooked.
- 5To serve: I usually make the crisp up earlier in the day. Before serving, I put the crisp in the oven at 250 for 15 - 20 minutes or until warmed, then serve it with ice cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Ever Blueberry Apple Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.0
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 151.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 2.5 g