Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Per a request, this is from a Pampered Chef cookbook in my collection. I have never made it myself, but just might try it, a different twist to boring old banana bread.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed fresh strawberries
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt in a medium bowl.
- Combine the sugar, strawberries, oil, bananas, eggs and orange zest in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping the bowl occasionally.
- Add the flour mixture, stirring just until moistened, then fold in the walnuts.
- Spoon into 2 greased 5x9-inch loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool.
The dough tasted wonderful, full of strawberry flavor, but after baking it was mostly banana flavor. It did not rise as well as it should, I will add baking powder with the baking soda next time. Thanks, Carole in Orlando