Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The Benihana fried rice recipe. It used to be posted on their website.
- 2 ounces cooked chicken
- 8 ounces steamed rice
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon onion, chopped
- 2⁄3 teaspoon carrot, chopped
- 2⁄3 teaspoon green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 6 pinches pepper
- 6 pinches salt (optional)
- Scramble eggs and chop after cooking.
- Saute chopped onion, green onion and carrots until done and mix with chopped scrambled egg and chicken.
- Break off chunks of steamed rice and mix with vegetable, egg and chicken.
- Add sesame seed and salt and pepper, stirring well.
- Add butter and soy sauce into the mixture, stirring well until done.
I just finished making this recipe. It was good but I don't think it was anything like Beni Hana fried rice. I also doubled/tripled onion, green onion and soy sauce for flavor and it was still pretty bland. Good, and I might make it again but nothing like Beni Hana!
Excellent fried rice, and yes, it makes generous portions. I didn't use chicken but I did sautee shrimps in garlic butter and add those to the rice, oh yum, to die for, lol! I was generous with the vegetables, you cant have too many vegetables. And I didn't add the salt, lots of flavour there already with the butter and soy sauce. Yum, a winner! Thanks, Kana! Made for I Recommend Tag Game