Recipe by Midge Plourde
This recipe was given to me by mt Aunt Therese. She has been using the recipe since she was married. The ham is so moist and tender, and fragrant, just try it and see. You will need to remove it from the pocket with great care as it tends to fall apart!
Top Review by Aunt Paula
Bless you and your Aunt Therese, this ham was excellent. Very moist and flavorful! Even my youngest son ate it, and he doesn't care for ham. I fixed it in the oven, but next time I'd like to give the crock pot method a try. Thanks for sharing.
- 5 lbs ham (boneless)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup beer
- 1 large onion, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Scar ham and prick with whole cloves.
- Make a large enough pocket out of aluminum foil to accomodate the ham.
- Put the ham in the pocket, mix remaining ingredients together, and pour over the ham, then seal the pocket.
- Place in a covered roasting pan, and bake at 400 degrees farenheit for approximately 1 hour per pound.
- Even better though, place sealed aluminum pocket in your slow cooker, and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- The slow cooker is my preferred method.