photo by Tinkerbell
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 1 (8 -10 lb) ham, with bone
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup mustard, country
- 3 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, mustard seed and cloves in a medium bowl, mix well and set aside.
- Score ham in a diamond like pattern.
- Place ham in a roaster with fat side up.
- Liberally brush glaze on ham (reserve about 1/2 cup for later use).
- Place ham in oven and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove roaster from oven and baste ham again with reserved glaze.
- Return ham to oven and bake an additional 30 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 140 degrees F.
- Allow ham to rest for about 10-15 minutes after removing from oven before slicing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very convenient, delicious and tender. No worries if you cook even a little longer for instance if you are at church and can't be home to take out on the dime. For an ocassional main dish it is a winner and takes the pressure off the cook while looking like a whiz. The glaze is perfect and the house smells fab while cooking. Shazam we"ll have ham!
Super easy, everything was on hand & the results were delicious! The meat was so tender with a nice sweet & tangy flavor. I used an 8 lb. boneless ham & followed the directions exactly. I had to try this recipe mainly because of the name. My family got a giggle out of it too. Made a wonderful centerpiece for Christmas dinner. Thanks for sharing!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I teach at both a high school and college several miles away from home. Cooking during the week is sometimes difficult to do so I'm always looking for easy recipes I can incorporate into a busy week. On weekends, you'll usually find me cooking up a storm for occassional leftovers for the week or to entertain guests. My favorite tool to cook with... the grill. If I didn't live so close to the cities, I'd cook over an open pit fire every night. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">