1/2 Photos of Beer Batter for Fried Fish
1 hr 10 mins
I found this recipe in A Collection of the Very Finest Recipes Ever Assembled into One Cookbook. This recipe makes the best beer batter fish that I have EVER had! I use the darkest beer I can buy. I tried a pale colored beer once, and I didn't like it as well. You will no doubt enjoy this excellent batter!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve 1 package dry yeast in 1/2 cup warm beer.
- 2Add 1 cup flour, and a pinch of salt. Stir.
- 3Add remaining 1/2 cup beer and more as needed for "sticky run" dough.
- 4Cover with a dish towel and let it stand in a warm place for a 1/2 hour or more.
- 5Fold in egg white and use immediately.
- 6Dry fish fillets with a paper towel before dipping in batter.
- 7Fry in hot vegetable, peanut, or corn oil.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beer Batter for Fried Fish
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.4
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 73.1 mg
- Sodium 147.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 34.8 g