Beer Batter for Halibut or Chicken
This recipe was given to me by an Alaskan friend. I have not tried it yet (we don't eat much fried foods), but knowing the source, I'm sure it is good!
- Ready In:
- vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flat beer
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- 2 lbs halibut or 2 lbs chicken, skinned and cut into bite-sized pieces
- Heat deep fryer or skillet with vegetable oil deep enough to cover meat to 375.
- Beat egg, and add remaining ingredients.
- Rinse and dry meat on paper towels in order for it to hold batter.
- Dip meat into batter and place in deep fryer or skillet.
- Cook for approx 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 6 more