Prep 0 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Chili with Chicken, pork and beef.
- 1 whole chicken, cut up
- 1 1⁄2 quarts water
- 1⁄2 lb beef suet
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 8 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 5 lbs pork steak, 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 lbs flank steaks, 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 onions, 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 green peppers, 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 lb shredded monterey jack cheese
- 8 ounces green chilies, sliced, canned
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno, sliced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 5 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon red pepper
- 8 ounces non-alcoholic beer
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Put water in Dutch oven, add chicken and simmer 2 hours. Remove chicken and reserve broth.
- In a medium pot, combine celery, tomatoes, and sugar, simmer a 1/2 hour. [Phil's note. Simmer for less time if needed. Hey this was a bunch of boy scounts not gourmet chef's].
- Mix all spices with n/a beer until all lumps are dissolved. Add tomato mixture, chilies, jalapenos, spice mixture, and garlic to broth.
- Melt suet in small pot. Pour 1/3 of drippings in a large skillet and brown pork in two batches. Add to broth mixture. Pour rest of drippings in skillet and brown steak in two batches. Add beef and drippings to broth mixture.
- Peel skin from two thighs and one breast of chicken. Cube meat and add to broth mixture.
- Simmer mixture and cook slowly 1 hour. Add onions and green peppers, simmer 2-3 hours longer. Stir occasionally. Add water as necessary. About 5 minutes before serving, add cheese and lime juice.
- For the None Boy Scout version, use real beer.