Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is great! I found this on allrecipes.com and it was submitted by Holly. It is so easy and tastes like take-out!
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 lb beef round steak, cut into thin strips
- 8 ounces snow peas
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice wine, brown sugar and cornstarch.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in wok or skillet over medium high heat.
- Stir-fry ginger and garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add the steak and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until evenly browned.
- Add the snow peas and stir-fry for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce mixture, bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Lower heat and simmer until the sauce is thick and smooth.
- Serve immediately.
The flavor combination is perfect!. I used Sugar snap Peas (they are really the same but fatter and hold their crispness better) Don't change a thing in this recipe Thanks Kim127 it'll be a regular
We didn't have beef so we used chicken and it was great. Next time we will make more sauce.
Excellent! We loved this dish. The brown sugar adds a touch of sweetness without it being 'too much'. I didn't have rice wine and instead added 1 tbsp of rice vinegar and 1 tbsp of white wineI hardly had any sauce and added 3/4 cup of stock which worked really well.