Recipe by Auntie Di
This is a very easy, healthy and inexpensive meal, a great soup to have in the winter.
- 1 small beef roast, chopped into bite size pieces
- beef bouillon
- 1⁄4 cup onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- Italian spices or red pepper
- salt or pepper
- 1 can tomato sauce or 1 can tomato juice
- 2 -3 cups water
- frozen vegetables or fresh vegetables (carrots, peas, corn, beans, and lima beans)
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- in dutch oven brown bite size pieces of beef add salt and pepper to taste add onion and garlic, saute till onion and garlic are cooked drain if desired Add water, tomato juice, stewed tomatoes, seasonings, bay leaf and beef boullion stir and bring to a low simmer if using fresh veggies add them now Cover and cook for twenty minutes to half hour add veggies if using frozen continue cooking for one to two hours on low, covered, stirring periodically Serve with fresh bread on a cold winter's night and enjoy~.