Recipe by @ngdarlen
if you love beef tips you will love this recipe, the aroma is mouthwatering.have been making this recipe for years and it is one of my favorites.comfort food at its best.
Top Review by KRISTIN in SALISBURY NC
i made this recipe as written the first time. the second time i made it in the crock pot and added onions. it cooked all day and then 10 minutes before serving, i added brown gravy mix to thicken the broth. it was SO SO SO good. this recipe has quickly become a family favorite. what a wonderful idea to add the onion soup mix! very easy!
- 1 rump roast
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- salt and black pepper
- bay leaf
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- trim roast and cut into bitesize chunks.
- in large pot brown meat in oil,tossing until all meat is browned.
- the meat will have a broth after browning so to that add the other ingredients and simmer until tender but not falling apart.
- bay leaf is very important.
- dont leave it out.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- thicken with flour and water mixed to a semi thick paste.
- serve over rice.