Anything with cheese and tenderloin steaks can't be bad, can it? This takes no time at all, for a dinner party it is wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 ounces crumbled Roquefort cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Place 1/2 cup butter and cheese in small bowl.
- 2Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
- 3Stir in parsley, chives and pepper.
- 4Place butter mixture onto plastic food wrap; form into 4" log.
- 5Refrigerate until firm(about 1 hour).
- 6Sprinkle steaks with salt.
- 7Melt 2 tablespoons butter in 12" skillet until sizzling; add garlic for 30 seconds.
- 8Add steaks to garlic infused butter.
- 9Cook over medium-high heat 4 minutes, turning once, until brown.
- 10Add wine.
- 11Cover, and continue cooking, turning once, until steak is at desired doneness(5-10 mins).
- 12Meanwhile, remove butter mixture from refrigerator; let stand at least 15 minutes.
- 13To serve, cut butter into 6 slices; place 1 slice on center of each hot steak.
- 14Serve steaks with any remaining pan juices, if desired.
- 15TIP: To keep the butter in a tubular shape versus having one side flatten by resting on the refrigerator shelf, try this trick. Cut the tube from an empty roll of paper towels crosswise into a 4" length. Make one lengthwise cut in the tube. Place plastic wrapped butter log in cardboard tube and refrigerate. (Land O' Lakes Recipe).
- 16Serve with sauteed mushrooms, white baked potatoes, roasted asparagus, freshly baked bread, and red wine.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Tenderloins With Roquefort Compound Butter
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.0
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 45.7 mg
- Sodium 345.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 2.3 g