Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Anything with cheese and tenderloin steaks can't be bad, can it? This takes no time at all, for a dinner party it is wonderful!
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 ounces crumbled Roquefort cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 beef tenderloin steaks, about 1-inch thick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 cup dry red wine or 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- Place 1/2 cup butter and cheese in small bowl.
- Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
- Stir in parsley, chives and pepper.
- Place butter mixture onto plastic food wrap; form into 4" log.
- Refrigerate until firm(about 1 hour).
- Sprinkle steaks with salt.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in 12" skillet until sizzling; add garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add steaks to garlic infused butter.
- Cook over medium-high heat 4 minutes, turning once, until brown.
- Add wine.
- Cover, and continue cooking, turning once, until steak is at desired doneness(5-10 mins).
- Meanwhile, remove butter mixture from refrigerator; let stand at least 15 minutes.
- To serve, cut butter into 6 slices; place 1 slice on center of each hot steak.
- Serve steaks with any remaining pan juices, if desired.
- TIP: To keep the butter in a tubular shape versus having one side flatten by resting on the refrigerator shelf, try this trick. Cut the tube from an empty roll of paper towels crosswise into a 4" length. Make one lengthwise cut in the tube. Place plastic wrapped butter log in cardboard tube and refrigerate. (Land O' Lakes Recipe).
- Serve with sauteed mushrooms, white baked potatoes, roasted asparagus, freshly baked bread, and red wine.
Delicious easy recipe that is to die for. Between the sauce and the compound butter, this was definitely one of my best steaks ever!