Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this on another website. It's the best meal I've ever prepared. I served it with Smashed Potatoes and my Two Squash Saute. Big hit.
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 118.29 ml red wine (I use Madeira)
- 14.79 ml thyme
- 2.46 ml lawry seasoned pepper
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 283.49 g portabella mushrooms, thinly sliced (2 or 3 large)
- 14.79 ml butter
- 907.18 g beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4.92 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- Stir broth, wine, thyme, black pepper, and garlic powder in a medium bowl until blended.
- Add mushrooms; toss to coat.
- Cover and set aside, tossing occasionally as you cook.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add steaks and cook 5-6 minutes per side for medium, or to desired doneness.
- Remove steaks from skillet onto plate.
- Cover to keep warm.
- Add onions to skillet and saute 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add flour and salt; stirring constantly for one minute.
- Pour mushroom mixture into skillet.
- Stirring occasionally, boil 10 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly and mushrooms are tender.
- Add steaks to sauce and heat one minute.
- Serve immediately.